Snow shoeing in Arosa?

Snow shoeing in Arosa?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
caro69
caro69
16 posts
Jan 3, 2018 - 11:36 AM

Hi all and a Happy New Year to you.

Does anyone know if you can hire shoes to go snow shoeing in Arosa without a guide? Is it easy for a beginner to get the hang of? I just fancy a couple of hours around the hiking trails me and hubby.

I didn't add the winter sport package to our travel insurance as I said we wouldn't been skiing. Just wondering if we would need it so don't want to upgrade until I know what is possible.

Caro

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jan 4, 2018 - 1:57 AM in reply to caro69

Hi Caro,

>> I didn't add the winter sport package to our travel insurance as I said we wouldn't been skiing. Just wondering if we would need it so don't want to upgrade until I know what is possible.

I can't answer your question about snowshoe hikes, but you might not need to change your insurance cover even if you go snowshoeing. There is probably a definition in your policy of what snow activities will only be covered with an additional premium. In my policy it stated:

Snow Skiing, Snowboarding and Snowmobiling

If You wish to be covered for these activities during Your Journey, You need to pay an extra premium.

The slower pace of snowshoeing wouldn't carry the same risk of injury as skiing etc, which is probably why it wasn't specified separately in terms of cover.

Alpenrose

caro69
caro69
16 posts
Jan 4, 2018 - 8:58 AM in reply to Removed user

Thank you Alpenrose

I will go through my policy documents. If anyone has an info regarding availability of snow shoeing in Arosa or Lenzerheide it would be much appreciated.

Caro

Lucas
Lucas
8846 posts
expert &
caro69
caro69
16 posts
Jan 4, 2018 - 5:29 PM

Thank you Lucas.

I will check out the links.

Much appreciated.

Caro

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jan 5, 2018 - 8:05 AM in reply to caro69

This link might also be useful if you haven't already found it:

www.schweizmobil.ch/en /snowshoe-trekking/snowshoe-trekking-in.html?phrase=Arosa+%28GR%29& sname=&sid=

Alpenrose

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018