Solo trip to Switzerland for 12 days in November

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 September 2019 at 6:04:52 #824033

Hi,

I am planning to visit Switzerland in November (1st-12th) and would like to see as much as I can as I understand it is not the best time to visit. This is my first trip to Switzerland (for that matter, first European country).

Interested in visiting :

– Zurich ; 1 night (will be landing there from India)

– Rhine Falls ; day visit (to skip or must visit?)

– Lucerne ; 1 night : Mt Rigi or Mt Pilatus or Mt Titlis (whichever is doable in November)

– Interlaken ; 3 nights : Jungfrau region, Murren, Grindelwald

– Saas Valley or Matterhorn (I read that Saas Fee is open in this period)

In between my trip, I have to spend 3 nights at Vilters-Wang (8-10 November 2019). So I need to figure which city to plan before and after Vilters to save travel time.

I can take a return flight to India, from either Zurich or Geneva, whichever is closer and saves extra travel time. I am yet to book my flights and accommodation so would really appreciate your help in suggesting the order I should travel to make most of my time in Swiss.

Thank you!

• The thread ‘Solo trip to Switzerland for 12 days in November’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.