Some questions related to Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 April 2016 at 13:47:16 #808899

Hi,

I am travelling to Switzerland in May.

I am planning to buy a 4 Day Swiss Travel Pass.

1)I want to travel from Zermatt to St Moritz by the Glacier Express. So, is the Glacier Express completely free in the Swiss Travel Pass, or is it discounted?

2) Is the Swiss Travel Pass valid for 24 hours from the time of starting, or from 0:00 am to 0:00 am ?

3) Does the Swiss Travel Pass include the boat trip to Mount Rigi?

4) Does the Swiss Travel Pass make public transportation free inside cities of Zermatt and St Moritz ?

Thank You!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    13 April 2016 at 14:15:00 #850737

Hi Sparsh,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! All your questions will be answered if you check the Swiss Travel Pass page: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass (check the various tabs). Nevertheless, here are the answers:

1) It is free, but you do need to book a seat and there’s a fee to be paid for that: myswissalps.com/ glacierexpress/tickets.

2) It’s by calenday days. The Swiss Travel Pass page provides all details.

3) Yes, and the trains to the top are included as well.

4) St. Moritz: yes, Zermatt: no (most is within walking distance).

As you can see in the Price section you can print the pass at home.

I hope this was useful!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 April 2016 at 16:25:56 #850738

Thank you so much!!

Answers all my questions.

Thank you!

• The thread ‘Some questions related to Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.