Walking from Chexbres to Vevey advice

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
twiggy321
twiggy321
90 posts
Mar 6, 2017 - 8:55 PM

Firstly apologies to Arno, Slowpoke and Anika

I know this has been covered many times but I would really like your advance on a lovely walk to do early afternoon through the vineyards I am thinking from Chexbres to Vevey however when I put in the SBB train timetable I am a bit confused for my journey it states Puidoux-Chexbres is this the station which I need to get off. Also looking on google maps I am very unsure as to how busy this route is and whether it is on roads any advice much appreciated

Many thanks

Snowman
Snowman
257 posts
top member
Mar 6, 2017 - 9:22 PM in reply to twiggy321

Hi Twiggy,

Puidoux-Chexbres is a station on the main railway line Lausanne - Berne. regional trains stop there. From Puidoux-Chexbres, CFF (as SBB is called in French Switzerland) has a secondary line to Vevey. In the timetable, the station you want to enter is Chexbres-Village. By the way, the x and the s in Chexbres are not pronounced. It is Shaibr, sort of.

The last part of the trail from Chexbres to Vevey is described here: www.wanderland.ch/en/r outes/route/etappe-01200.html

on the same site, you will find a map that is much more detailed than Google's. As for the type of trails, I have never been on that particular one, but from other hikes I've done in the Lavaux vinyards, you should expect narrow, paved local roads with almost no traffic.

twiggy321
twiggy321
90 posts
Mar 12, 2017 - 5:21 PM

Thankyou for your valuable information snowman

Much appreciated

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018