Walking from Chexbres to Vevey advice

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2017 at 20:55:54 #810991

Firstly apologies to Arno, Slowpoke and Anika

I know this has been covered many times but I would really like your advance on a lovely walk to do early afternoon through the vineyards I am thinking from Chexbres to Vevey however when I put in the SBB train timetable I am a bit confused for my journey it states Puidoux-Chexbres is this the station which I need to get off. Also looking on google maps I am very unsure as to how busy this route is and whether it is on roads any advice much appreciated

Many thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    6 March 2017 at 21:22:09 #859707

Hi Twiggy,

Puidoux-Chexbres is a station on the main railway line Lausanne – Berne. regional trains stop there. From Puidoux-Chexbres, CFF (as SBB is called in French Switzerland) has a secondary line to Vevey. In the timetable, the station you want to enter is Chexbres-Village. By the way, the x and the s in Chexbres are not pronounced. It is Shaibr, sort of.

The last part of the trail from Chexbres to Vevey is described here: http://www.wanderland.ch/en/r outes/route/etappe-01200.html

on the same site, you will find a map that is much more detailed than Google’s. As for the type of trails, I have never been on that particular one, but from other hikes I’ve done in the Lavaux vinyards, you should expect narrow, paved local roads with almost no traffic.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2017 at 17:21:53 #859708

Thankyou for your valuable information snowman

Much appreciated

• The thread ‘Walking from Chexbres to Vevey advice’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.