Is Swiss chocolate more expensive in Zermatt?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Arnabghosh
Arnabghosh
52 posts
May 16, 2019 - 12:34 AM

Are choclates ( Lindt/Laderach/from Migros) are costlier in Zermatt than other parts of Switzerland?

Maria
Maria
818 posts
top member
May 16, 2019 - 2:51 PM

Hi Arnabghosh,

I imagine that the chocolate is more expensive at the tourist shops in the centre, but if you go to Migros it should be a standard price across Switzerland. I've never paid much attention to the price however when we go to do a big shop in the supermarket in Zermatt for our annual ski holiday I never notice the price being very different!

More information about Zermatt: www.myswissalps.com/ze rmatt

More information about chocolate tours in Switzerland: www.myswissalps.com/ac tivities/culinarytours

Perhaps someone else has compared the prices more in detail!

Maria.

Last modified on May 16, 2019 - 3:10 PM by Maria
Arno
Arno
14103 posts
expert &
May 16, 2019 - 3:35 PM

I agree with Maria and never noticed different prices within the same brand of stores across Switzerland. Prices in the Migros, Coop, etc. are set bu their headquarters I guess. But you will find that Läderach chocolate is more expensive (and more exclusive) than Lindt, for example. Both are good though :-)

More about Supermarkets is here: www.myswissalps.com/ab outswitzerland/culture history/food.

Last modified on May 16, 2019 - 3:37 PM by Arno
1960man
1960man
2265 posts
top member
May 16, 2019 - 10:50 PM

Like prices of most things in most of Europe (the world?) it depends on market conditions/supply and demand etc . Always buy food from supermarket and the larger the shop the cheaper it will be.

Personally I avoid the 'big brand' chocolate in Switzerland.

Buy own brand chocolate at Co-op or Migros and its just as 'Swiss'. I favour Frey in that regard.

And beware some brands of 'Alpine' chocolate that can be found to have been manufactured in lowland Germany or elsewhere...)

Black Friday deals for Switzerland

Take advantage of the Black Friday 2019 deals! There are some very good discounts for travelers to Switzerland.
More information

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019