Spas: Leukerbad, Vals or Bad Ragaz

• Bunkapass
    Participant
    10 posts
    24 December 2019 at 14:15:14 #824714

Hello! Merry Christmas and than you so much for your help. I’m all set but then made the mistake perhaps of reading TripAdvisor reviews of the spas and getting confused once again. With a packed schedule, if I had to eliminate one spa- just for the baths not saunas- should it be Tamina in Bad Ragaz, Vals or Leukerbad. I realize this is very subjective!

thanks as always

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    24 December 2019 at 15:30:25 #926886

Of the three I know only Leukerbad. It’s fine.

Besides these, I can recommend Buogn Engiadin in Scuol.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 December 2019 at 20:24:53 #926887

Hi Bunkapass,

I have personal experiences only about Leukerbad, but it is a great one, I recommend it.

Nice area, among the mountains, I liked also the village.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    24 December 2019 at 20:28:42 #926888

. . . . but then made the mistake perhaps of reading TripAdvisor reviews . . .

No perhaps about it. 😉

Mark
    Participant
    794 posts
    24 December 2019 at 22:21:28 #926889

Hi Bunkapass

I have been to several Swiss spas but only Leukerbad of the ones you are considering and liked it very much. If you are from an English speaking country you may or may not be familiar with the local spa etiquette and it is fine to ask if your not sure.

There may not be any universal rules but we found most places don’t allow swimsuit in the dry saunas and in wet saunas (whirlpools) swimsuits may be optional in some and not allowed in others. Communal showers around the saunas were common as well. They have a very relaxed attitude towards nudity as is common in German speaking areas but somewhat less common to those of us from the US and GB. However we adapted quickly as most do.

Mark

• The thread ‘Spas: Leukerbad, Vals or Bad Ragaz’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.