Spend an extra day in St Moritz or Interlaken?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2018 at 22:43:06 #815880

I currently have the following itineraries sketched out . I will be traveling by car. I have one “extra” day for which I would appreciate any suggestions on whether it should be spent in St. Moritz or Interlaken. Does one make more sense than the other? If I can see Harder Klum on the day I arrive in Interlaken and Junfraujoch & Trummelbach Falls in one day there, then does it make sense to spend another full day in Interlaken or would it be better spent in St. Moritz. Any additional comments or suggestions would be welcomed (for instance maybe I should scrap Chur or Vaduz and spend 2 full days in both St Moritz and Interlaken?). Thank you in advance.

Day 1: Arrive St Moritz early afternoon; Day 2 – St Moritz; Day 3 – St Moritz; Day 4 – Chur; Day 5 – Vaduz; Day 6: Arrive Interlaken late morning; Day 7 – Interlaken; Day 8 – Depart Interlaken early morning

OR

Day 1: Arrive St Moritz early afternoon; Day 2 – St Moritz; Day 3 – Chur; Day 4 – Vaduz; Day 5: Arrive Interlaken late morning; Day 6 – Interlaken; Day 7 – Interlaken; Day 8 – Depart Interlaken early morning

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2018 at 3:28:40 #884839

Hi FortunaRNP and welcome to MySwissAlps!

What time of year are you traveling?
    There is a fair bit to do in both Interlaken and St Moritz most of the year – especially in the summer and winter.

I wouldn’t stop/visit either Chur or Vaduz personally – what is your interest there?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2018 at 16:25:35 #884840

Thank you for your reply and warm welcome. I will be traveling the first couple weeks of September. I had first thought about just stopping through Chur and Vaduz on the way to Interlaken, but being I had some extra time and figured so I wouldn’t have to rush through them I could spend a night at each and move on. My main interest would be in the history and culture so I thought of Chur and Vaduz as that and not so touristy. I was figuring in St Moritz I could go to Muottas Muragl for a bit and in Interlaken I could go to Harder Klum the day of arrival and then spend a day doing Jungfraujoch and Trummelbach Falls.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2018 at 5:10:33 #884841

Chur could be worth an overnight perhaps…I’d think you’l have more to see and do though in the Jungfrau region. Other than the castle in Vaduz and the idea of checking off being in Liechtenstein I’d give it a pass.

• The thread ‘Spend an extra day in St Moritz or Interlaken?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.