Spiez train station to Spiez, Schiffstation – Bus

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2016 at 18:04:58 #809253

Greetings to all..

On 3rd June I will be travelling from Montreux to Interlaken West. I am taking a 9:44AM Goldenpass panoramic to ZWEISIMMEN. From ZWEISIMMEN will be taking a train to Spiez which reaches Spiez at 12:18 pm & now i wish to board the ship to Interlaken West which leaves Spiez Schiffstation at 1:28 pm. I have 1 hour & 10 mins time to walk from spiez train station to Spiez Schiffstation to catch the boat.

But as i will be travelling with a kid & lots of luggage as well so i wish to find a bus or any public transport ( better if covered under swiss pass, i.e. don’t want to pay for private taxi ) to avoid walking of 1.3 kms lifting the luggage.

Anyone please let me know if there is any bus or public transport to reach Spiez Schiffstation as i am not able to find any on SBB Mobile App.

Thanks – Viral.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    19 May 2016 at 23:35:30 #852276

HI Viral –

<<“Anyone please let me know if there is any bus or public transport to reach Spiez Schiffstation as i am not able to find any on SBB Mobile App”>>

See attached. The desktop version might, perhaps, be more complete…?

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2016 at 0:15:10 #852277

Hi Viral,

As Slowpoke has shown you, there is a bus between Spiez railway station and Spiez boat station. However, it is not well co-ordinated with the train, as you can see. When you arrive at 12:18, the bus will have already left at 12:14 and the next one is not for an hour.

An alternative would be to catch the train from Spiez to Thun at 12:25 from Platform 4, arriving at Thun at 12:34. Then it is a very short walk to the boat station in Thun (see attached picture), from where you can catch a boat at 12:40. This is the same boat that you would have caught had you stayed at Spiez and waited until 13:28: it arrives at Spiez at 13:26 and leaves at 13:28, continuing to Interlaken West.

The way I see it, this route has two advantages: avoiding the bus, as luggage can be a bit of a hassle on local buses, and a longer cruise. You will still get to your destination at the time you had originally planned.

A copy of the timetable information for this route is attached.

Hope this helps.

Alpenrose

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    20 May 2016 at 0:26:29 #852278

Good idea

However –

<<“As Slowpoke has shown you, there is a bus between Spiez railway station and Spiez boat station. However, it is not well co-ordinated with the train, as you can see. When you arrive at 12:18, the bus will have already left at 12:14 and the next one is not for an hour.”>>

Thus, they could also possibly eat lunch looking over the lake, from near the train station. It might be rushed, but the views are nice.

Or, they could likely eat on the boat from Thun.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Spiez train station to Spiez, Schiffstation – Bus’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.