St. Moritz or Zermatt best to visit in November?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 February 2019 at 16:41:33 #819870

I’m hoping visit St Moritz the first week of November with limited time (2-3 days at the most) and have read that this is low season. Although the group I’m with is flexible on what activities we do while we’re there, I’m trying to get a better idea of the variety of options considering that the weather may not be in our favor. Initial research showing that some accommodations and transportation aren’t available during this time makes me worry that our travels won’t benefit from the adventures that St Moritz typically has to offer.

Although it will require more time for travel from our main destination of Lake Como, we’re also considering Zermatt as an alternative.

We’d love recommendations and advice for St Moritz or Zermatt and what their unique characteristics and communities have to offer in early November. In either of these locations, we’re interested in (but not limited to):

– hiking, natural landscapes, local wildlife and plants

– spectacular views from rail or cable cars (Bernina Express via Tirano sounds very appealing!)

– local food and flavor for community and culture

– skiing *if* early snows allow

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 February 2019 at 0:02:49 #903959

Both places are not very good in early November – you will be exactly between the end of summer/autumn and the first snow major falls (mid – late November). My only recommendation therefore would be to change the dates of your trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 February 2019 at 11:04:06 #903960

Hello SLaughlin,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

Every place has it’s certain beauty in every moment, that’s what I believe.

Personally, choosing between the two options you mention I would go for St. Moritz, as it offers you a slightly wider area to explore.

To compare the two locations use the following links:

http://www.myswissalps.com/st moritz

http://www.myswissalps.com/ze rmatt

One argument in favour of StMoritz is the Bernina Express, a beautiful scenic route, fantastic to enjoy at any time of the year. Find details using following link: http://www.myswissalps.com/be rninaexpress

I hope this helps your decision.

Best,

Steph

• The thread ‘St. Moritz or Zermatt best to visit in November?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.