Stargazing near Zurich, Interlaken or Luzern?

Stargazing near Zurich, Interlaken or Luzern?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
NJfam
NJfam
36 posts
May 20, 2018 - 11:34 AM

Thank you in advance !

we will arriving around august 18, staying in Zurich, interlaken and luzern. Please advice what place would be great for stargazing ? Also wondering if there are converatory in that area ? Thanks NJfam.

Annika
Annika
4930 posts
expert &
May 20, 2018 - 6:44 PM

Hi NJfam! If you want to enjoy the skies at night you should look for fairly remote places, to avoid light pollution from bigger cities like Zurich. You might consider spending a night at one of the mountain tops near Lucerne, such as Pilatus or Rigi. Please find some more ideas for hotels in the mountains at myswissalps.com/hotels /mountaintops.

I haven't visited any observatories myself, but I know of this one. There seem to be guided tours, during night time as well. Les Pleiades might be a bit foo far off from your base towns. Another famous observatory is the one at Sphinx up at Jungfraujoch. Guests can't spend the night there though.

Peterli
Peterli
408 posts
top member
May 21, 2018 - 2:30 PM in reply to NJfam

Hi,

If you are in the Fribourg area (not far from Interlaken) on a Friday evening, visits are free at the Observatoire d'Épendes, about a 5 minute drive from the giratoire (round-about) in Marly, just south of Fribourg. I attach a map (courtesy of Swisstopo) showing its location (tip of red arrow) less than fifteen minutes south of Fribourg. Their website is in French, German, and English.

Last modified on May 21, 2018 - 2:32 PM by Peterli
Please login to see the attached documents
NJfam
NJfam
36 posts
May 21, 2018 - 6:55 PM in reply to Annika

Thank you very much !

NJfam
NJfam
36 posts
May 21, 2018 - 6:55 PM in reply to Peterli

Thank you very much !

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018