Staying in Stansstad - close enough to Luzern?

Staying in Stansstad - close enough to Luzern?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
wblezon
wblezon
1 post
Jun 12, 2018 - 3:35 AM

We booked a great accommodation on the lake in Stanstad. Is this a location close enough to Lucerne to arrange all our travel? I am just concerned about arrival late and in/out of Stanstad. The accommodations were much nicer and less expensive than in Lucerne. We have a 5 day 2 country pass because when we are leave Switzerland we are cruising down the Danube from Linz to Budapest. By the way this is a great site!

Lucas
Lucas
6488 posts
expert &
Jun 12, 2018 - 12:54 PM in reply to wblezon

Stansstad (I assume you mean) is about 20 minutes by train or 50 minutes by boat to Luzern - so nice options for you. Use the timetable to plan out any trips from Stanstad:https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable - looks like trains run every 30 minutes (Luzern to Stansstad) until 01:02 in the morning.

Arno
Arno
10570 posts
expert &
Jun 12, 2018 - 1:45 PM

Hi Wblezon,

Welcome to MySwissAlps and thanks for your compliments! I once stayed in Stans for a couple of weeks, which is a few minutes farther than Stans, and found that perfectly fine. Lucerne is a good central base, but if you are fine with an extra train change on average, and a few minutes of extra traveling (or less if you're headed for Engelberg and Mount Titlis), then it is ok.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018