Staying in Stansstad - close enough to Luzern?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
wblezon
wblezon
1 post
Jun 12, 2018 - 3:35 AM

We booked a great accommodation on the lake in Stanstad. Is this a location close enough to Lucerne to arrange all our travel? I am just concerned about arrival late and in/out of Stanstad. The accommodations were much nicer and less expensive than in Lucerne. We have a 5 day 2 country pass because when we are leave Switzerland we are cruising down the Danube from Linz to Budapest. By the way this is a great site!

Lucas
Lucas
10238 posts
expert &
Jun 12, 2018 - 12:54 PM in reply to wblezon

Stansstad (I assume you mean) is about 20 minutes by train or 50 minutes by boat to Luzern - so nice options for you. Use the timetable to plan out any trips from Stanstad:https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable - looks like trains run every 30 minutes (Luzern to Stansstad) until 01:02 in the morning.

Arno
Arno
11786 posts
expert &
Jun 12, 2018 - 1:45 PM

Hi Wblezon,

Welcome to MySwissAlps and thanks for your compliments! I once stayed in Stans for a couple of weeks, which is a few minutes farther than Stans, and found that perfectly fine. Lucerne is a good central base, but if you are fine with an extra train change on average, and a few minutes of extra traveling (or less if you're headed for Engelberg and Mount Titlis), then it is ok.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019