Stechelberg good as a base for hiking?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 June 2018 at 11:37:38 #816719

Hi!

I’m about to start making the plan me and my boyfriends trip to Switzerland in mid July. We’ve booked a week in Stechelberg (mostly because it was 450$ for both of us for a week). Arriving in Zurich and spending the noon there (for a little shopping, at least going to visit Transa), taking the bus/train to Interlaken and then bus to Stechelberg. Staying there for a week, then taking bus/train to Munich and staying there for two days (cheap flight from there, also never been there).

But I was just wondering if anyone here have stayed in that area and would want to share their experiences? Or know something about it. What I’m most interested in is if it’s a good base for hiking, as thats what we mostly plan on doing. And maybe some running. I’ve heard that Murren is good for hiking place, so hopefully Stechelberg isn’t too bad either? (It’s probably not too hard to get up to Murren from Stechelberg either?)

And should we get some kind of bus/travel pass/card?

(And just one little, last question; is it hard/troublesome to get to Oeschinensee from the place we are staying? And is it worth it? I’ve seen it in pictures and really want to go there!)

• The thread ‘Stechelberg good as a base for hiking?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.