Stein am Rhein - easy day trip from Zurich

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Lucas
Lucas
5589 posts
expert &
Apr 21, 2018 - 7:13 AM

Yes, quite the climb up but the views were great (see my pics from there) and in good weather the restaurant is a great idea (check that they are open before going).

Meeraoz
Meeraoz
44 posts
Apr 22, 2018 - 7:45 AM

Hi Lucas

Lunch at the castle up the hill sounds very nice. How steep is the climb? My sister who is joining me may not be able to make it if it is too high a climb

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
4489 posts
expert
Meeraoz
Meeraoz
44 posts
Apr 22, 2018 - 8:46 AM

Thank you slowpoke. We will see how we go when we are there. Hopefully I will be able to provide a trip report on my return as a "thank you" to the awesome people who run this forum and the travellers who respond on this forum.

Lucas
Lucas
5589 posts
expert &
Apr 22, 2018 - 1:08 PM in reply to Meeraoz

Thanks Meeraoz,

Trip reports are always greatly appreciated!

maggiehorswell
maggiehorswell
551 posts
top member
Apr 23, 2018 - 3:29 PM in reply to Lucas

Hi Mraoz

We found some nice places to eat along the river bank too. My husband made his way up to the castle afterwards on his own as I knew I wouldn't be able to manage it. I found a nice bench to sit on and people watch and bird watch! Including a couple of amorous grebes and a large clutch of baby ducks with their mum!

Maggie

Meeraoz
Meeraoz
44 posts
Apr 24, 2018 - 5:21 AM in reply to maggiehorswell

Thank you Maggie for that alternate suggestion. Sounds good.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018