St.Moritz to Zermatt via Brig

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2019 at 6:12:43 #821526

HI , I am looking at travelling from St.Moritz to Zermatt in Sept via GEX. I am looking at the earliest 7:02 which leaves St. Moritz and arrived 13:40 at Brig Bahnhofplatz , from SBB site , it actually shows the next connection at 14:27 that least Brig Bahnhofplatz and will reach Zermatt at 15:51. But if i search the connection from Brig to Zermatt , There is a 13:57 leaving Brig via a change at Visp and will arrived at Zermatt at 15:14.

Like to check is it worth the trouble to take the 13:57 train ? Also is 17 min connection enough for getting from Brig Bahnhofplatz to Brig station ?

Or is it better to just wait 35 min at the station for the more direction connection ?

P/s : we do not want to take the 9:15 am GEX ( reach Zermatt at 17:10 ) cos was hopping to be able to reach Zermatt a bit eariler.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    8 May 2019 at 14:34:28 #911933

Hi KolaX,

I looked up St. Moritz to Zermatt via Andermatt for 8 September through http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable and got both options you mentioned. Both options are fine. I’d go for the quicker one. It’s plenty of time to change trains.

Enjoy the ride!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    9 May 2019 at 4:49:58 #911934

Like to check is it worth the trouble to take the 13:57 train ? Also is 17 min connection enough for getting from Brig Bahnhofplatz to Brig station ?

The distance between the two stations is the width of a road so 17 minutes is no problem whatsoever.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2019 at 13:51:51 #911935

Thanks all ….. 🙂 Think I might just go for the earlier one , Just one doubt , with a saver day pass , I can just hop on any of those regional train and no need reservation right ? and i just just take any seat in that class ? how would i know if a seat onboard is being reserved ? Thanks

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 May 2019 at 14:05:33 #911936

Sure, you can hop and off as much as you like. The details are here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass. If a seat is reserved there will be a display near the seat indicating so. That would be very rare on regional trains. I doubt if it’s even possible.

• The thread ‘St.Moritz to Zermatt via Brig’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.