Stoos and Mt. Rigi from Lucern in the same day?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2019 at 16:16:34 #820207

Hello,

I am seeing if this is possible and any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. I am planning my trip for early part of July 2019.

Leave Lucern and go by train to Schwyz, take bus to Stoos Funicular thanks to the marvelous post by Lucas on his visit. Visit here and would like to take the ski lift up to Klingenstock and back down to Schwyz. When finish, go back by train to Arth-Goldau and visit Mt. Rigi. Once on Mt. Rigi how do you get to Kanzeli viewpoint? After the viewpoint how do I get back down to take the boat at Vitznau back to Lucern. I will have the STP.

Thanks for your help!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2019 at 17:26:08 #905477

Hi Patsy!

Here is the trail details to the viewpoint on Rigi: http://www.rigi.ch/en/Media/a ttraction/Kaenzeli – it should be well signed once you are there as well.

There is a cogwheel train from the top of Rigi (Kulm) to Vitznau where you can catch the boat. Details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ri gi

For departure times, you can use the timetable here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable – just enter Rigi Kulm to Lucerne VIA Vitznau.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2019 at 17:36:47 #905478

Thanks Lucas, I appreciate the reply. I loved the post on Stoos. Is this doable? Stoos and Mt. Rigi in one day?

Thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2019 at 17:41:44 #905479

Sure technically it is doable with an early start – and of course depending on how much time you want at each mountain top.

Use the SBB timetable to plan out the trips and see the duration between the towns and mountains. Then add in I’d guess 2 hours at each mountain top. That is maybe the average time but can be less (or more) depending on your preferences and activities you want to do while there. I was only in Stoos for 1 hour or so in the winter and didn’t go up any chairlifts – which I’d do in the summer to get the views.

The sun sets late in July so that works to your advantage as far as stretching out the day and the views.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2019 at 18:07:29 #905480

Thanks.

• The thread ‘Stoos and Mt. Rigi from Lucern in the same day?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.