Swiss rail pass options for Jungfraujoch & Titlis

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 February 2018 at 5:01:49 #814221

Hi Folks,

We are going to stay in Interlaken from Mar2-7 and planning to take all the trip from there. I read quite a bit about all the attractions and I have reached a point where I’m torn between buying a Half-Fare card or Swiss Travel Pass. I’m hoping answers to the following questions would help in finalize on one.

1. Day#1: We are planning to go up to Jungfraujoch and are picking this route based on the suggestions here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/gettingther e

Going up: Interlaken-Lauterbrunnen – Wengen- Kleine Scheidegg – Jungfraujoch

Coming down: Jungfraujoch – Kleine Scheidegg – Grindelwald – Interlaken

If I choose Half-fare card vs Swiss Travel Pass, which legs of the journey would be free/discounted and by how much?

2. Day#2: We are planning to go up to Grindelwald First by taking

Going up: Train from Interlaken – Grindelwald station and the cable car from Grindelwald BGF – Grindelwald First.

Coming down: Cable car from Grindelwald First – Grindelwald BGF and Train from Grindelwald station – Interlaken.

If I choose Half-fare card vs Swiss Travel Pass, which legs of the journey would be free/discounted and by how much?

Also any discounts on the First Flyer or First Glider with one of these: half-fare/swiss travel pass ?

3. Day#3: We are planning to visit Mount Titlis

What are the discounts for cable car journeys from Engelberg up to Mount Titlis with half-fare card and Swiss Travel Pass?

Does the Icy Flyer chairlift offer any discounts if I hold half-fare card or Swiss Travel Pass.

Sorry for the long question but I’m really confused with too much of information and some other conflicting websites’ data.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 February 2018 at 7:58:55 #875507

Hi Elsa, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

All travel with the Swiss Half Fare Card (within its area of validity) is at 50% discount.

>> Jungfraujoch … Interlaken-Lauterbrunnen – Wengen- Kleine Scheidegg – Jungfraujoch … Kleine Scheidegg – Grindelwald – Interlaken If I choose Half-fare card vs Swiss Travel Pass, which legs of the journey would be free/discounted and by how much?

Swiss Travel Pass: free travel Interlaken to Wengen; 25% discount Wengen-Jungfraujoch-Grindelwald; free travel Grindelwald to Interlaken.

>> Going up: Train from Interlaken – Grindelwald station and the cable car from Grindelwald BGF – Grindelwald First. Coming down: Cable car from Grindelwald First – Grindelwald BGF and Train from Grindelwald station – Interlaken.

Swiss Travel Pass: free travel Interlaken to Grindelwald; 50% discount on gondola from Grindelwald to First and return; free travel Grindelwald to Interlaken.

>> Also any discounts on the First Flyer or First Glider with one of these: half-fare/swiss travel pass ?

Unfortunately, no.

>> Engelberg up to Mount Titlis

Swiss Travel Pass: free travel to Engelberg; 50% discount on gondolas Engelberg to Titlis and return.

>> Does the Icy Flyer chairlift offer any discounts if I hold half-fare card or Swiss Travel Pass.

Unfortunately, no.

You can download a map from the link below, showing what is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Half Fare Card. There are separate legends for the Swiss Travel Pass and the Swiss Half Fare Card, which you should read carefully.

http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Swiss rail pass options for Jungfraujoch & Titlis’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.