Apr 29, 2018 - 11:58 PM
we are traveling to switzerland may 15th - 24th I have read many questions on threads on this site thank you they are VERY informative and helped with our trip plans
Here is our itinerary:
- arrive zurich am 16th -to Lucern direct from airport. In afternoon go up Mt Rigi
- 17th Mt Titlis and Mt Pilatus pending weather
- 18th Train to Gruyeres (spend few hour there ) on way to Montroux via Bern as quicker
- 3 nights in Montroux will do sightseeing Chillon Castleand hike Lavux vineyards etc
- 21th leave Montroux early and take Golden Pass train to Wengen and spend 2 nights there
- 21th hope to get into Wengen by noonish and be able to go over to the Schilthorn or hike depending on weather
- 22st get up early and get up to Jungfraujoch by 9 0r 10 spend afternoon in a hike on way back down at SK
- 23nd Back to zurich from wengen drop luggage at hotel and take one hour train to border for Lichtenstein as my family of 4 wants to be able to say we were in Liechtenstein.
My question is where do we go to pick up the actual STP. Is it obvious at the train station when we get there. It looks like the train station is adjacent to the airport.
We are traveling to lucern drectly from the airport and hoping to go up to Mt Rigi. In a thread I saw someone decribe a more scenic route to Lucern. Is is much longer and is it worth it if we want to go up to Mt Rigi or Pilatus that afternoon.
Do the shops in most towns really close around 5 or 6 and just the restaurants open later?
What town would be best for Lichtenstein or take the train right into that country is an option ? Looks like cannot get there unless we go thru Zurich from Wengen
SInce there is construction on the Golden Pass route and the "epoque" trains are being renovated are the panorama trains running even with the construction? Therefore the VIP seat in the front ? as I could NOT seem to access that to get an idea. NOt that it seems to matter as you say that all the seats give a good view
Thank you in advance for responding I have learned so much about your country . For a month now I have been reading your repsonses and I see much repitition so tried not to ask questions until I was sure I could not find an answer but may have missed it anyway.
I did book Wengen vs Gimmelwald as was recomended thank you