Thanks for all the tips. As per your suggestion I have finalised my itenary.
- Arriving in Basel by train from Germany(Berlin) on 20th July morning.
- 20th We are planning to see Basel just for a day: Sight seeing basel, rhine river ride. Stay at Basel.
- 21st Move to Interlaken. See inside Interlaken for a day. Stay at Interlaken.
- 22nd Visit Jungfrau, Grindewald and back. Stay at Interlaken.
- 23rd Move to Lucern via some scenic train route(suggestions welcome), seeing Lucern. Stay at Lucern.
- 24th Seeing Lucern, boat trips. Stay at Lucern.
- 25th Move to Zurich. Seeing Zurich. Stay at Zurich.
- 26th Seeing Zurich or nearby.
- Leaving for Stockholm on 26th at 20:00 hours by flight from Zurich.
We would like to know if i buy the Half fare card, wont i have to buy all city tickets for all the places and the long trains.
If i choose the 3 day card for Basel-Interlaken, Interlaken-Lucern and Lucern-Zurich, how expensive is the city tickets then.
At each destination. 20th - basel city, 22nd - Jungfrau mountain train - grindewald, 24th - Lucern boat rides, 26th - Zurich city and airport transfer. On foot travel is not much for us as for my wife as already said. :(
Please advice how to go ahead. The stay i booked are refundable so can adjust plans slightly.
Eagerly awaiting your suggestion. :-)
Continued from: www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/need-help-deciding-which-rail-pass-to-purchase