Timetable for boats Lake Thun / Lake Brienz

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2018 at 1:20:48 #816690

I have looked up the symbols for boat, bus etc. I want to go from Wengen to either Thun or Brienz to ride on the boat. I have put in Advanced search, but I still don’t get symbols of the boat……What other things do I need to know and do? How can I find out where I need to go via (perhaps) to get part of the journey on the boat? Thanks for your help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    17 June 2018 at 1:32:19 #888513

Hello Mittens and welcome to MySwissAlps,

If you are finding driving the SBB timetable a challenge you might find it easier to break the trip you into rail and boat (aka ship) parts.

You will also find the boat timetables here http://www.bls.ch/en/fahren/u nterwegs-mit/schiff/fahrplan.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2018 at 1:55:38 #888514

Thank you Rockoyster. It’s a matter of me becoming familiar with the names on the lake. The map was most helpful! It’s all part of the struggle of finding which is the most cost effective rail pass. At the moment, the half fare is ahead…

Gunzel
    Participant
    241 posts
    17 June 2018 at 4:56:51 #888515

I can thoroughly recommend the boat trips on either lake. I did several trips in 2015 as part of my extended sojourn in the area.

Other transport options (e.g. cable ways) can be incorporated into various round trips.

And short segments (e.g. across the lake) can enhance local trips using various forms of public transport.

A lovely part of the world.

Enjoy your travels.

Annika
    7115 posts
    17 June 2018 at 8:41:45 #888516

Hi Mittens! You’ll find links to the boat timetables under “More on other websites” at myswissalps.com/boatla kethun and myswissalps.com/boatla kebrienz.

Choosing the right pass can be difficult indeed. Did you check this page: myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/chooserailpass?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2018 at 23:14:07 #888517

Just go from Wengen down to Interlaken on the WAB/BOB railways.

Interlaken has two railway stations Ost and West. Ost is the railway interchange between ZB (Luzern); BOB (towards Jungfrau) and SBB (main line) trains. West is the town centre station, and has bus and boat interchange:

Boats to Brienz depart from near Interlaken Ost, boats to Thun depart from near Interlaken West. In both cases you can do one way by boat one way by train (helps keep the length of the excursion manageable.

• The thread ‘Timetable for boats Lake Thun / Lake Brienz’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.