Timetable for boats Lake Thun / Lake Brienz

Timetable for boats Lake Thun / Lake Brienz

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Mittens
Mittens
33 posts
Jun 17, 2018 - 1:20 AM

I have looked up the symbols for boat, bus etc. I want to go from Wengen to either Thun or Brienz to ride on the boat. I have put in Advanced search, but I still don't get symbols of the boat......What other things do I need to know and do? How can I find out where I need to go via (perhaps) to get part of the journey on the boat? Thanks for your help.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3689 posts
expert
Jun 17, 2018 - 1:32 AM in reply to Mittens

Hello Mittens and welcome to MySwissAlps,

If you are finding driving the SBB timetable a challenge you might find it easier to break the trip you into rail and boat (aka ship) parts.

You will also find the boat timetables here www.bls.ch/en/fahren/u nterwegs-mit/schiff/fahrplan.

Last modified on Jun 17, 2018 - 1:32 AM by rockoyster
Mittens
Mittens
33 posts
Jun 17, 2018 - 1:55 AM

Thank you Rockoyster. It's a matter of me becoming familiar with the names on the lake. The map was most helpful! It's all part of the struggle of finding which is the most cost effective rail pass. At the moment, the half fare is ahead...

Gunzel
Gunzel
106 posts
Jun 17, 2018 - 4:56 AM

I can thoroughly recommend the boat trips on either lake. I did several trips in 2015 as part of my extended sojourn in the area.

Other transport options (e.g. cable ways) can be incorporated into various round trips.

And short segments (e.g. across the lake) can enhance local trips using various forms of public transport.

A lovely part of the world.

Enjoy your travels.

Annika
Annika
4949 posts
expert &
Jun 17, 2018 - 8:41 AM

Hi Mittens! You'll find links to the boat timetables under "More on other websites" at myswissalps.com/boatla kethun and myswissalps.com/boatla kebrienz.

Choosing the right pass can be difficult indeed. Did you check this page: myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/chooserailpass?

1960man
1960man
377 posts
top member
Jun 17, 2018 - 11:14 PM

Just go from Wengen down to Interlaken on the WAB/BOB railways.

Interlaken has two railway stations Ost and West. Ost is the railway interchange between ZB (Luzern); BOB (towards Jungfrau) and SBB (main line) trains. West is the town centre station, and has bus and boat interchange:

Boats to Brienz depart from near Interlaken Ost, boats to Thun depart from near Interlaken West. In both cases you can do one way by boat one way by train (helps keep the length of the excursion manageable.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018