Group of 40 students to Mt. Pilatus

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 September 2016 at 19:54:54 #810046

I am leading a group of almost 40 to Europe in the summer of 2017. We will be in Lucerne for a few days. I do not want to pre-book a trip up Mt. Pilatus in case the weather is poor. Is it still possible to go down to the lake and make a group reservation the day of a trip for a large group? I am curious what the price of a trip like that would be for a ride on the boat and the cog rail to the top. I am also interested in any other suggestions about the best time of day… We will be in Lucerne around June 8, 2017

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    7 September 2016 at 10:35:30 #855763

Hi Gregg,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! You will need to reserve for such a large group, but I don’t know how far in advance this should be done. The same day seems rather late to me. I would reserve the day before, during office hours, after checking the weather forecast. Best time of the day depends on the forecast as well. In general mornings are better.

Groups get a 20% discount on tickets, but it would be worth it to check whether rail passes are worth it for your group. Whether it is depends on your other travel plans. Swiss Half Fare Cards might be worth it. It will get you a 50% discount on this trip, and many others too: myswissalps.com/ swisshalffarecard.

• The thread ‘Group of 40 students to Mt. Pilatus’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.