Successfully reserved Gotthard Express seat on SBB

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 April 2018 at 20:59:09 #815181

I was not able to pull up Gotthard Express on SBB until I tried this trick: put down the EXACT departure time in order for Gotthard to show up on the search. Here is a step-by-step instruction: on SBB’s seat reservation page: https://www.sbb.ch/tic ketshop/b2c/adw.do?sprache=en&artikelnumm er=1993, I typed Lugano as my departure point, FLÜELEN as my destination, left Via field blank, selected my desired travel date, and put down 09:23 in the Time field, which is the exact departure time according to SBB’s timetable for Gotthard. Hit Next, the EXT train was the first one on the search result. Proceed to reserve the seat and pay the 24 CHF surcharge.

The reservation system allows you to specify whether you prefer a window seat or an isle seat. And don’t forget only 1st class carriages have the panoramic windows.

Good luck and happy travel.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    6 April 2018 at 21:09:26 #881261

Hello Raphaella and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Nice hint. Thanks for sharing.

You can also get the Gotthard by putting in an earlier time and via Göschenen and looking for the EXT train.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 April 2018 at 7:16:52 #881262

Thanks for the helpful hint Raphaella!

• The thread ‘Successfully reserved Gotthard Express seat on SBB’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.