Best Swiss rail pass for 1 week trip in December

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 September 2019 at 17:59:15 #823963

Hi,
    I am planning a trip to Swiss from Dec 11 2019 to Dec 18 2019. I will be reaching the Zurich Airport on Dec 11 2019 at 2.00pm we have booked our stay at Lucerne. We have planned to do a tour of Lucerne on that day nothing more.
    Dec 12 2019
    Sight seeing in Jungfraujoch region and Interlaken and return back to Lucerne stay.
    Dec 13 2019
    Sightseeing in Zermatt region from and return back to Luzern
    Dec 14 2019
    Sight seeing of Mount Titlis and Lucerne region (rigi)
    Dec 15 2019
    Check In for the stay from Lucerne to Zurich then catch Glacier Express from chur to brig and return back to Zurich for stay as on Sunday i thought train journey will be suitable.
    Dec 16 2019
    Sightseeing in Zurich
    Dec 17 2019
    Sightseeing in Zurich & Bern (Shopping)
    Dec 18 2019
    Return to Airport by 11.00am

My thought
    Is it useful to take 8day swiss travel pass ?
    Or
    For Dec 11, Take point to point ticket for train from Airport to Lucerne and take a local pass for Lucerne region
    For Dec 12 – 15, Take Swiss travel pass for 4days
    For Dec 16-17, Take local pass of Zurich
    For Dec 18, Take point to point ticket for return journey to Airport

Which one is cost effective and best suitable way of taking the travel pass ?

Please suggest me for a comfortable journey ….

If there are any suggestions on the Itenary, You are most welcome to comment on that.

• The thread ‘Best Swiss rail pass for 1 week trip in December’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.