Suggest changes in my itinery for a smooth trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 February 2013 at 7:39:17 #805771

i am planning atrip to switzerland in june 2013, i have apt booked at interlaken from 6/06/13 to 13/06/13, then in a hotel at zurich till 17/06/13, i fly out on 17/6/13.
    with interlaken as base Day 1; schynige platte’
    day2; Jungfrau n grindelwald,’
    day3:berne n geneva
    day 4:rest day with harder kulm
    day5: Mt titlis n lucerne
    day6;Gstaad, montreaux, vevey, (glacier 3000) if poss,
    day7:schilthorn tummelbach falls
    day8 to zurich, rhine falls,
    day9 lugano
    day10, tour to choclate n cheese factory
    day 11 rest zurich city
    day12 fly out
    i will b procuring a 15 day swiss supersaver rail pass,
    please suggest if this itinery needs changes,.me n my hubby are both in early 50’s.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    3 February 2013 at 7:27:31 #837973

Hi nikita123! I think your itinerary is very ambitious. You should check traveling times using the timetable for the trips you’ve planned, as that will give you an idea of how long your journeys will take. For example: both Bern and Geneva on day 3 would be too much. So are Gstaad, Montreux, Vevey and Glacier3000 on day 6. A day trip to Lugano from Interlaken isn’t a great idea, as a single journey takes 4 to 5 hours. I think you can better focus on the regions around Interlaken, Lucerne and Zweisimmen/Gstaad during your stay. There’s so much to see and do there that, especially directly south of Interlaken, that you won’t get bored at all. Browsing the forum and searching through this list of day trips may help you out.

• The thread ‘Suggest changes in my itinery for a smooth trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.