Suggested rail pass for Zurich-Lucerne-Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 January 2018 at 18:07:55 #814060

Hello

For our honeymoon we will be traveling Switzerland for 7 nights. 3 Nights in Lucerne, 3 nights in Interlaken, 1 night in Zurich. Which rail pass do you suggest we purchase?

While in Lucerne we are hoping to visit Mt.Pilatus or Mt. Rigi. In interlaken we are hoping to do a day trip to Lauterbrunnan or Grindelwald.

Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 January 2018 at 21:00:57 #874486

Hi Jfblake, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

In order to pick the best rail pass for your trip read our page on how to choose the best rail pass. You’ll need to decide where you will be traveling to during your trip and do the math to see which rail pass works best for you. You can download an Excel spreadsheet (including instructions) to help you with your calculations.

Make sure to also check:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 January 2018 at 21:34:52 #874487

Thank you very much!

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 January 2018 at 6:30:51 #874488

Hi Jfblake,

My best guess would be the 8-day Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Half Fare Card, but do follow Chantal’s instructions to be sure.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 January 2018 at 8:00:30 #874489

>> For our honeymoon we will be traveling Switzerland for 7 nights. 3 Nights in Lucerne, 3 nights in Interlaken, 1 night in Zurich.

What time of year are you travelling?

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 January 2018 at 14:21:16 #874490

We will be in Switzerland the first week of September 2018.

We will be flying into Zurich and heading straight to Lucerne for 3 nights and then from Lucerne heading to Interlaken for 3 nights, we will then return to Zurich for 1 night before our flight back.

While I think I am starting to understand trains from city to city. I am having trouble figuring out what the day trip travel will consist of. For Instance, if we visit Mt.Pilatus from Lucerne we will take a boat then cog rail then gondola. How do I price each of these out? Or if we go from Interlaken to Grindelwald-First..

Also is the Golden Pass train from Lucerne to Interlaken included on the Swiss Travel Pass?

This forum has been very helpful!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 January 2018 at 6:36:29 #874491

>> if we visit Mt.Pilatus from Lucerne we will take a boat then cog rail then gondola. How do I price each of these out?

The price list for Pilatus is here:

http://www.pilatus.ch/fileadm in/files/informieren/f ahrplan/Preisliste_201 8.pdf

>> Or if we go from Interlaken to Grindelwald-First.

The price list for the gondola to First is here:

http://www.jungfrau.ch/filead min/Prospekte_und_Bros chueren/Jungfraubahnen _Fahrpreise_Preisliste .pdf

>> Also is the Golden Pass train from Lucerne to Interlaken included on the Swiss Travel Pass?

Yes. You can see what is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass by downloading the validity map:

http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Suggested rail pass for Zurich-Lucerne-Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.