Suggestion for 4-day Swiss Travel Pass

Suggestion for 4-day Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
himarora
himarora
8 posts
Jun 14, 2017 - 6:29 AM

Hi

first of all thanks for this great site.Hats off to u guys..it helps a lot in planning trip to Switzerland..

we are 2 adults travelling to Switzerland next week for 7 days...

2 days in Zurich - have some official work so would not be able to do any sightseeing..

4 days in Interlaken.. - planing following trips from interlaken -

• on day of arrival from Zurich to interlaken via lucerne (golden pass) do lake Brienz / lake Thun and go to Murren / wengen
  • then 1 day top of Europe - Jungfraujoch
  • 1 day mount pilatus and mount rigi;
  • 1 day golden pass till Mountreaux including trip to chillon de castle and Vevey ( cruise on lake Geneva)

last day - early morning Interlaken to Zurich airport for flight..

i am planning for a 4 days swiss travel pass ( 4 days when staying in interaken )

the cost of train ticket from interlaken to Zurich airport is CHF 75 which i will have to pay..

Any suggestion for a different travel pass/ half fare pass??

also kindly advise any suggestion for the changes in itinerary or anything else can be squeezed into comfortably

Lucas
Lucas
5656 posts
expert &
Jun 14, 2017 - 10:02 AM in reply to himarora

Hi Himarora and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I would say that 3 of your 4 days in Interlaken are very busy (maybe too busy). One day for Jungfraujoch is fine, but the other three:

• Day 1 in Interlaken, I would but out one lake cruise at least (depending on how early you get to Interlaken that day)
  • Day 3 Interlaken to Mt Pilatus is 3 hours - then another 3 hours to Mt. Rigi and then 3 hours back to Interlaken...plus time on the mountains.
  • Day 4 - a bit more reasonable if you go early but you would need to cut out (or keep very short) all of your planned visits/trips from Montreux to then make it back to Interlaken at a reasonable hour.

Search for schedules and train duration with the Swiss railways timetable here.

Using the Swiss Travel Pass on your 4 days in Interlaken makes the most sense, and then buying a point to point ticket to Zurich. You may be able to find a Supersaver ticket on this route (if the available times work for you).

Cheers,

Last modified on Jun 14, 2017 - 10:16 AM by Arno
himarora
himarora
8 posts
Jun 16, 2017 - 6:19 PM

Thanks Lucas for the reply...

yes the trip seems quite packed up... Need a suggestion that while going on to Interlaken from Zurich on day 3, I take a break at Lucerne. Deposit luggage at the station and go on to Mt. pilatus or Mt. titlis. then proceed to Interlaken in the evening from Lucerne.

Also will a swiss half fare card be a better option than STP considering the above tentative itinerary.

and kindly suggest how is doing schillthorn in place of pilatus / titlis???

TIA

Annika
Annika
4924 posts
expert &
Jun 17, 2017 - 2:16 PM in reply to himarora

Hi Himarora,

Yes, you could visit Pilatus (a lot closer to Lucerne than Titlis) between Interlaken and Zurich. Schilthorn offers different views; it's hard to tell which is better. You'd best check the links I included and compare for yourself.

As Lucas mentioned, the combination of a 4 day Swiss Travel Pass plus a regular (supersaver) ticket will work. The Swiss Half Fare Card is more of a hassle as you'll have to buy tickets for each journey, but if you want to make sure which option turns out better price wise you can make calculations as explained here.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018