About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Swiss mountains to see snow in September
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Swiss mountains to see snow in September

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Monzi
Monzi
6 posts
Sep 5, 2020 - 5:02 PM

Hi,

I am travelling to Switzerland next week.

I need advice to know which of the below places will have snow and the cheap to travel if i have a half fare card?

THE JUNGFRAUJOCH

KLEIN MATTERHORN - GLACIER PARADISE

Tittlis

Pillatus

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Anna
Anna
941 posts
top member &
Sep 5, 2020 - 6:20 PM in reply to Monzi

Hi Monzi,

If you are looking to experience some snow during your trip next week, I would highly recommend Titlis and Jungfraujoch. With a Swiss Half Fare Care, a return ticket for Titlis (from base to summit) would cost CHF43. The ticket up to Jungfraujoch is a little expensive and depends where you are from travelling from. Please find more info from the links below:

Klein Matterhorn would also be a good idea but you should check the live webcam first before your visit: www.myswissalps.com/kleinmatterhorn

For more details about how to use the Swiss Half Fare Card, see here: www.myswissalps.com/swisshalffarecard

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Anna

Monzi
Monzi
6 posts
Sep 5, 2020 - 7:35 PM in reply to Anna

Hi Anna,

Much appreciated thanks for prompt response.

I have another question. How to book boat trip(round trip) in lake lucerne with a half fare card?

And what is the best suggested route in lake lucerne? please help.

Best Regards,

Monzi

pvonk
pvonk
266 posts
top member
Sep 6, 2020 - 12:48 AM in reply to Monzi

How would you define “best” route? Length of travel? Scenery (all pretty much the same except for short trips out of Lucerne and back). Day? Evening dinner cruise?

Annika
Annika
6343 posts
expert &
Sep 6, 2020 - 11:04 AM in reply to Monzi

Hi there Monzi!

You don't have to actually book a boat trip over Lake Lucerne ; you can just buy your ticket before boarding, or at the boat, upon showing your Swiss Half Fare Card: www.myswissalps.com/boatlakelucerne/tickets.

As for which route is best: we've described several options onder "Route suggestions" at www.myswissalps.com/boatlakelucerne. You can pick any route that fits your plans for the day, and boat trips can be well combined with other activities such as visits to Pilatus (www.myswissalps.com/pilatus), Rigi (www.myswissalps.com/rigi) or Bürgenstock (www.myswissalps.com/burgenstock).

Monzi
Monzi
6 posts
Sep 7, 2020 - 9:34 AM

Hi Again,

Thankyou all for response. I have a last question. I am confused which place would be best to visit in terms of snow between Matterhorn and Jungfrau.

Can anyone please suggest which place is best in terms of snow Matterhorn or Jungfrau.?

Regards,

Monzi

Anna
Anna
941 posts
top member &
Sep 7, 2020 - 11:53 AM in reply to Monzi

Hi Monzi,

There is snow all year on the Klein Matterhorn and the Jungfraujoch. Both places are fantastic if you're looking for unforgettable snow experience.

Which is the better choice would highly depend on your interest and preferences. If you plan to ski or experience more winter-related outdoor activities, Klein Matterhorn would be the better option. Jungfraujoch has a more tourist appeal. The slow train journey up itself is considered an experience in itself and the Jungfrau region is a very popular tourist destination, well-known for charming villages and beautiful views of the Swiss Alps. Zermatt is also a lovely and charming village albeit offering a slightly different vibe you can only differentiate once you've visited both :)

Please check out the links provided in the previous posts, for more detail including information about how to get to there, what facilities are available and what activities you can do in each destination.

Regards,

Anna

Last modified on Sep 7, 2020 - 11:53 AM by Anna
Monzi
Monzi
6 posts
Sep 10, 2020 - 7:34 PM

Hi Annika/pvonk,

Good day :) Thankyou for suggestions. Much appreciated.

I have planned to go to Jungfraujoch . I am trying to book ticket through SBB app as it shows CHF 91 (return journey).

I still doubt it is showing me the correct amount. (As the amount is quite less price and i did not buy half fare price card.

See attachment.

Please login to see the attached documents
Ildiko
Ildiko
1018 posts
top member &
Sep 10, 2020 - 8:13 PM in reply to Monzi

Hi Monzi,

yes, you are right, that is just half price. Do you see the 1/2 sign after Passenger 1? That indicates it. You should edit the passenger details (with the "Edit passenger" button) then you will see the correct price. SBB shows half prices by default.

You can also book your tickets via the Switzerland Travel Centre (STC), which is also operated by the Swiss Federal Railways (SBB), but it is easier to understand: https://shop.switzerlandtravelcentre.com/en/product/excursionJungfrau.

I hope this helps,

Ildiko

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020