Suggestion needed on our Switzerland tour

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 July 2012 at 13:42:10 #805488

Hi,

We are planning to visit Switzerland for 3 days with the following tight schedule.

Day1. From Geneva, travelling to Montreux to board the Golden pass panoramic train. Then travelling from Montreux to Interlaken in Golden pass train
    Planning a scenic cruise on the Lake Brienz at Interlaken west

Day 2. Trip to Jungfraujoch and back to Interlaken

Day 3. From Interlaken to Mount Titlis and then going to Zurich airport in the evening from Mount Titlis/Engelberg

Having said that, here are my questions

1) Which travel card/pass( Swizz Pass/Flexi Pass/ Half price Card) is economically viable considering the number of days and the limited travel plan?

2) I will be travelling from Geneva airport station to Montreux by regular train. Which station to get down in Montreux to take the golden pass train to Interlaken?

3) Is the travel free for children in golden pass trains (To Interlaken) with parents having half price card?

4) With half price card (in case if I choose that), should I (or Can I) reserve the seats in Golden pass train?

5) Any site to know the Lake Brienz cruise timings?

6) Which train station to get down for reaching Mount Titlis when coming from Interlaken west/Interlaken Ost?

Thanks in advance
    Sajan

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    31 July 2012 at 8:15:13 #836785

Hello Sajan. I think the Swiss Half Fare Card would be the best option. If you order along the free STS Family Card, children under 16 will travel along for free. This goes for the Golden Pass trains as well. Making seat reservations in advance can be recommended.

As for your questions on your train transfers: all connections are available in the Swiss timetable. Just enter your departure and destination stations and an estimated date/time of traveling to have all options displayed. If you click the ‘plus’ symbol on the left of each connection, you’ll see further details.

Times and prices for boat trips on lake Thun and Brienz can be found at the BLS website.

• The thread ‘Suggestion needed on our Switzerland tour’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.