8 night Switzerland itinerary in mid October

• jatinsmehta
    Participant
    114 posts
    25 May 2018 at 4:06:24 #816208

Hello guys, need you suggestions on my 8 night itinerary.2 couples & 2 kids aged 5 & 10 in mid – october

Zermatt : 2 nights, Lauterbrunnen : 3 nights, Lucerne : 3 nights

Day 1 : Reach Zurich airport at 8 AM, transfer to Zermatt, explore the town, night stay

Day 2 : Gornergrat, night stay

Day 3 : Transfer to Lauterbrunnen, night stay

Day 4 & 5 : Lauterbrunnen night stay : Explore Jungfrau, Schilthron, Trummelbach falls , explore town

Day 6,7 & 8 : Lucerne : Mt.Pilatus, Mt.Titlis, Mt.Stanserhorn – CabriO , Lake Lucerne, Harder Kulm

Day 9 : Reach Zurich airport at 6.30 Am

Does my itinerary seems doable or it requires changes to incorporate other sightseeing areas, Can I somehow squeeze in a trip to chocolate & cheese factory?…I can’t stay beyond 8 nights so please suggest accordingly

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 May 2018 at 7:15:00 #886232

Hi Jatinsmehta,

Why not go to Lucerne first? After Lucerne head to Montreux on the Golden Pass route, early in the morning, store your luggage there and head to Broc and Gruyere for the factory visits? Then head to Zermatt that evening via Montreux.

So leave Lauterbrunnen as your last visit. You should also do Harder Kulm from Lauterbrunnen as it is much closer.

Have you looked in rail passes for your trip? https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/ticketspas ses

jatinsmehta
    Participant
    114 posts
    25 May 2018 at 7:57:50 #886233

Dear Lucas,

Shall i reduce 1 night from Lucerne as I feel Jungfrau is a bit overrated, where can i add this 1 night.

Also Mt.Titlis & Pilatus seems more or less the same, can i skip one of them? Again what could be the replacement?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 May 2018 at 9:49:28 #886234

It would be Lauterbrunnen that you reduce by 1 night if you don’t go to Jungfraujoch.
    But there are a lot of things to do in Lauterbrunnen other than Jungfraujoch.

It’s up to you if you want to do any or move to another town. https://www.myswissalp s.com/lauterbrunnen/ac tivities

If you do move towns you could add a night in Montreux to more easily visit the cheese and chocolate factories nearby.

I would visit Titlis and either Pilatus or Stanserhorn. I wouldn’t say one mountain is the same as another…but you could make the argument that once you’ve been up one mountain you don’t need to go up any others at all. 😉

For ideas are Lucerne if you take one mountain out look here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/lucerne/activiti es

jatinsmehta
    Participant
    114 posts
    25 May 2018 at 11:26:20 #886235

Thanks a lot Lucas,

I would prefer Mt.Titlis & Stanserhorn giving me a free day/night which i can use it at Montreux.

So the ideal route would be Zurich – Lucerne (2nights) – Montreux (1 night) – Zermatt (2 nights) – Lautrbrunnen (3 nights ) – Zurich.

Any other suggestions on places of visit?

Thanks a lot

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 May 2018 at 15:39:03 #886236

I think that is the way to go yes.

We have activity suggestions for each town here:

I think adding in any more towns would be too much on your short trip.

jatinsmehta
    Participant
    114 posts
    25 May 2018 at 15:50:28 #886237

Thanks Lucas again..Suppose i start early from Lucerne for Montreux, how do I squeeze In corniche vineyards,chocolate factory & Olympic musuem at lausanne in a day(night stay), proceeding for Zermatt the next day

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 May 2018 at 16:26:30 #886238

Lucerne to Montreux on the Golden Pass route is about 5 hours so I don’t think you fit all that in.

I’d not try to do more than 1 activity after reaching Montreux and before heading to Zermatt. You could maybe do two….if you want. Use the timetable to see what works for you.

• The thread ‘8 night Switzerland itinerary in mid October’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.