Suggestion on my Day 5 Iternary

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2012 at 5:26:59 #805010

Kindly provide some suggestion if my below iternary for Day 5 of my 5 days trip looks feasible:

Day 5
    – Lucerne Lake cruise to Brunen (early morning departure from Lucerne) (approx 2 hrs)
    – Travel from Brunen to Andermatt by train (1 hr)
    – take Glacier express (from Andermatt to Chur/St Moritz) (approx 4 hrs)
    – From St Moritz, travel to Venice by some overnight train/bus

Kindly advise the following:
    1) If it looks feasible or very hectic?
    2) What is the earliest lake cruise option from Lucerne
    2) Can I get an overnight travel option from St Moritz-Venice

Many Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    12 March 2012 at 13:15:22 #835141

Hello bikashis. I think the questions on your itinerary, including day 5, have been answered in this topic. The Lake Lucerne website lists timetables for lake cruises. There are no direct night trains between St. Moritz and Venice. So you should either plan part of this trip the next morning with an overnight stay , or travel via Sargans and Innsbruck for a (rather short) leg in the EuroNight train. That’s pretty hectic though. I would rather make part of the trip, plan an overnight stay near the Swiss/Italian border, and continue my trip the next day if I were you.

• The thread ‘Suggestion on my Day 5 Iternary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.