Suggestions for activities traveling from Tirano

• Travelbug53
    Participant
    64 posts
    6 June 2016 at 3:34:22 #809365

Hello moderators,

We have made seat reservations on the Bernina Express on June 13 leaving Pontresina at 11:17 and reaching Tirano at 13:32. We taking the regular train back from Tirano to Pontresina. Do you have any suggestions on places we can stop and activities we can do on the way back? Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2016 at 3:55:19 #852660

Well, this suggestion is not between Tirano and Pontresina, but if you were willing to stay on the train and travel 40 minutes beyond Pontresina, you could alight at Alp Grüm, where there is a restaurant with terrace and views right at the railway station.

The restaurant is open until 6pm. To avoid waiting at the station after the restaurant closes, you would want to get the train back to Poschiavo (40 minute trip) at or before 17:42, although there are services at roughly hourly intervals until the last service at 20:54.

Here is some further info about Alp Grüm

http://www.myswitzerland.com/ en-au/alp-gruem.html

http://www.alpgrum.com/restau rant-alp-grum/

Alpenrose

Arno
    15481 posts
    7 June 2016 at 7:59:56 #852661

The tip provided by Alpenrose is a good one; and Alp Grüm actually is en route from Tirano to Pontresina. You could even do a walk from Alp Grüm to Ospizio Bernina. It takes about 75 minutes. Or you could take the cable car from Bernina Diavolezza to Diavolezza. Another option is the easy walk from Morteratsch.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2016 at 8:11:46 #852662

>> Alp Grüm actually is en route from Tirano to Pontresina

Oops, yes, sorry about that! I was thinking they were going back to Poschiavo for some reason!

Alpenrose

Travelbug53
    Participant
    64 posts
    7 June 2016 at 14:28:35 #852663

Thank you so much Arno and Alpenrose666. I so appreciate that I can always count on getting helpful answers when I post my questions on MySwissAlps.

• The thread ‘Suggestions for activities traveling from Tirano’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.