Hiking pole rental in Wengen, Catholic mass Brig?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
laney
laney
1 post
Mar 6, 2019 - 9:20 PM

Here are 2 questions:

1. Where are recommended places to rent hiking poles in Wengen, Lauterbrunnen or that area?

2. Does anyone know if there is Catholic mass and what time in Sebastian Chapel in Brig, or otherwise in Brig area (Sunday or Saturday mass)?

Thanks very much!

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
6043 posts
expert
Mar 6, 2019 - 10:10 PM in reply to laney

Hi laney, and welcome to My Swiss Alps.

There are Intersport stores all over Switzerland that do rentals, and I have purchased hiking staffs at the one in Wengen:

www.intersportrent.ch/ skirent-wengen/intersport-alpia-sport_3949578.html

Very helpful people.

Can't help with your question about mass, sorry.

Slowpoke

pkerr
pkerr
82 posts
Mar 7, 2019 - 12:17 AM

I had the exact same question a month or so back! We'll be in Wengen for hiking in August.

See attached for a price list from Intersport for all types of gear... including hiking / trekking poles. (sticks)

Last modified on Mar 7, 2019 - 12:18 AM by pkerr
Please login to see the attached documents
Maria
Maria
796 posts
top member &
Mar 7, 2019 - 8:16 AM

Hi Laney and welcome to MySwissAlps!

As previous posters have said you have plenty of pole rental and purchase options where you are going.

For mass, I couldn't find something at Sebastiankapelle although it may be worth asking when you get there.

I found this website for a Catholic church in Brig www.pfarrei-brig.ch/infos.html

which publishes their weekend programme here: www.pfarrei-brig.ch/pdf/Wochenprog ramm.pdf

and they mention Sebastianskappelle, so it may be part of the same complex.

You may need to check closer to the time you are planning to travel or when you are there :)

Have a wonderful trip!

Maria.

Last modified on Mar 7, 2019 - 8:18 AM by Maria

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019