Recommended train pass 3 days Switzerland in May

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 February 2019 at 14:28:58 #819890

Dear Members, I am happy to be part of this vibrant discussion forum.

Me and my wife are travelling to Switzerland on May 3,2019 to May 6,2019.

We reach Geneva airport at 9am on May 3 and we leave from Interlaken Ost on May 6 10am.

So we are confused which pass to take for our below outline of places we wish to see.

1. Primarily we want to see countryside(train,bus), scenic beauties, lakes and use cogwheel trains and cable-cars which are included in our pass. Least or no preferences for museums, long duration hiking, activities for sole reason we have just 3 days to explore Switzerland.

2.After all maths(I may be wrong!), I zeroed down on SAVER DAY PASS(SDP) without Half Fare Card(HFC) for 3 days (6 saver day pass in total for two of us) but when I see the validity area I have 2 queries

a) When it shows “Train to point A” what does this mean? From any location to point A is free?

b)When it shows ” Train from A to B” what about return back ie from B to A point? Should I buy separate ticket apart from Saver Day Pass?

3. Please suggest places/routes which are purely covered in Saver day pass without spending extra on one time ticket.

Your inputs will be helpful and I will be thankful for making our stay pleasant and efficient.

• The thread ‘Recommended train pass 3 days Switzerland in May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.