Switzerland activities & trip plan -11 day in June

• Ari
    Participant
    29 posts
    24 May 2018 at 15:40:56 #816202

We are visiting Switzerland from 16-27 June, on day one we will reach Lucerne and plan to do local tout on the same day.

on the next day we are planning to visit my titlis and on day three @11.30 we have cruise trip.
    please suggest how I can adjust a trip to been and trip to Mt. Rigi in it.

On day 4 we will proceeds to Interlaken and plan to do Harder Kulm on the same day, day 5 we are going for junfrau, day 6 we are going to Glacier 3000 from Interlaken.
    please suggest some.activities on day 4 and Day 5 also suggest is it possible to have trip to Montreux on the same day we visit to glacier 3000 or shall we take it on the day 7 when we will go to Zermatt from Interlaken.

awaiting your valuable suggestions

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 May 2018 at 6:31:27 #886199

Hi Ari,

I see you’ve updated your original plans.

Do you mean a trip to Bern and Mt. Rigi on day 3? You want to visit this two places and a boat cruise in 1 day? You can use the boat on Lake Lucerne on your way to Rigi (so combine both) was that your plan?

I would add a few hours in Montreux on day 7 on your way to Zermatt. Follow the Golden Pass route to Montreux first thing in the morning.

Use the Swiss railways timetable to plan trips and see what you can fit in each day (that is how much you want to fit in each day). I would typically suggest 2 activities per day as a general rule. Jungfraujoch takes up most of a day though in a likelihood.

Ari
    Participant
    29 posts
    25 May 2018 at 8:52:20 #886200

Thanks Lucas,

I Want to say that I have given a Lake Lucrene Sight Seeing Cruise ticket @ 11.30 , Will it be possible to have Mt. Rigi on the same day.

Further I was give a coupan which says JUNGFRAU EXcusion with swiss pass (top of Europe) i fail to understand what it includes and what not in my trip to JUNGFRAU

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 May 2018 at 10:05:53 #886201

How long is the Lake cruise? Usually it is one hour, which will give you time to get to Mt. Rigi yes.
    https://www.myswissalp s.com/rigi/gettingther e

A coupon is something that gives you a discount on a purchase. Did you purchase the Jungfrau excursion with Swiss Travel Pass? In that case you have a ticket not a coupon.

Without seeing the ticket/coupon I can’t tell you what exactly it includes. It would include the trip to Jungfraujoch from a town (probably Interlaken). What does the ticket/coupon say?

Ari
    Participant
    29 posts
    25 May 2018 at 11:43:20 #886202

how to go to mt.rigi after lake cruies and is Bern possible on the day we go to mt.titlis

ITs a vouche say “IN Exchhange of this voucher, please provide the following service/s:

“JOURNEY SEGMENT JUNGRAU EXCURSION WITH SWISS PASS(TOP OF EUROPE)” and addressed to jungfrau railways:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 May 2018 at 11:56:28 #886203

Ah ok a voucher to Jungfraujoch. You’ve already bought it then.

So you take that to a rail station office and they will give you a ticket for the trip to Jungfraujoch. Almost certainly the voucher is valid from Interlaken to Jungfraujoch (Top of Europe).

Is this the voucher you bought? Then it would be starting from Interlaken Ost rail station.

The directions for Mt. Rigi are on my last post. Click the link. Also use the timetable and enter Luzern to Rigi for schedules.

I don’t think you have time for Bern though no, unless you go there around dinner time? Again, use the timetable to go from Rigi to Bern.

https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

Ari
    Participant
    29 posts
    25 May 2018 at 12:03:51 #886204

Thanks Lucas,

Can i use the Jungfraujoch voucher for using two diffrent routes one for going up and another for coming down as described many times in the forum, if yest please suggest how to do it…?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 May 2018 at 15:39:42 #886205

Yes, you can do that trip – let them know at the train station office when you exchange your voucher for a ticket.

Ari
    Participant
    29 posts
    25 May 2018 at 20:09:03 #886206

Thanks Lucas , one more guidelines can I accomodate visit to chocolate and or chease factory in my above itenary ..pls guide

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2018 at 7:26:02 #886207

I would add a night in Montreux and cut something out if you really want to do the Gruyeres cheese factory and the Cailler Chocolate factory.

On your way to Montreux go to the Glacier 3000 then overnight Montreux. The next day go to the cheese and chocolate factories, then back to Montreux and off to Zermatt.

Ari
    Participant
    29 posts
    26 May 2018 at 7:35:04 #886208

Lucas, thanks

my hotels are booked, is it possible that on day 7 i start early from Interlaken, go to montreux and visit these two factories and proceed to zermatt, if that possible then please suggest wheather I can use the locker facility for luggege at Montreux.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2018 at 9:08:20 #886209

Yes, that is possible and there are luggage lockers in Montreux you could use.

Ari
    Participant
    29 posts
    26 May 2018 at 9:18:46 #886210

Thanks, How much time required for these two factory visit and how to go from Montrex rail station please also let me know is the locker service charges at rail stations,

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2018 at 14:26:22 #886211

I would expect 2 hours per factory as a guess (I haven’t been to either).

Swiss railways doesn’t list locker prices online anymore but they are around 6/7chf for 24 hours (bring coins).

Once you have the address for Cailler chocolate factory and Gruyeres cheese factory you can enter that on the Swiss railways timetable to see your travel directions.

Cheers!

• The thread ‘Switzerland activities & trip plan -11 day in June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.