Suggestions to improve MySwissAlps.com

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Arno
Arno
10762 posts
expert &
Apr 22, 2018 - 9:54 AM

Both are good suggestions. The thing is that we're driven by the things we've done ourselves. I'd like to make suggestions from personal experience. Although we do make an exception here and there. We haven't done those trips yet unfortunately. But I want to :-)

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 23, 2018 - 2:11 AM in reply to Arno

>> The thing is that we're driven by the things we've done ourselves. I'd like to make suggestions from personal experience. Although we do make an exception here and there.

For me, the "personal experience" basis for information on MySwissAlps is what sets it apart from other websites and makes it such a valuable resource. I certainly would prefer for that to remain the basis for most information on the site, even if that means some areas have little or no coverage.

People who travel in areas of Switzerland that aren't well covered yet can always write trip reports based on their own experiences to supplement existing resources.

Alpenrose

Arno
Arno
10762 posts
expert &
Apr 25, 2018 - 9:54 AM in reply to Removed user

Good to hear the approach makes sense to you. And it's a good reason for us to visit new areas. Not exactly a bad thing :-)

rockoyster
rockoyster
3730 posts
expert
May 7, 2018 - 9:44 AM

How about putting something in the forum instructions encouraging people to provide some information on when they are travelling. When responding to questions this is very often a piece of missing information which makes a tailored response difficult.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3730 posts
expert
May 9, 2018 - 9:10 PM in reply to Arno

Link to buy Vignette on line on www.myswissalps.com/mo torwayvignette is incorrect. Just goes into a loop back to same page.

Last modified on May 9, 2018 - 9:10 PM by rockoyster
Lucas
Lucas
7238 posts
expert &
May 10, 2018 - 2:21 AM in reply to rockoyster

Hi Rockoyster, I replied to your other post on it - I tried it myself and it worked fine for me...still having trouble?

rockoyster
rockoyster
3730 posts
expert
May 10, 2018 - 3:00 AM in reply to Lucas

LOL it is fixed now but I swear it wasn't working earlier. The text of the link was correct but the actual url just returned to the page it was on. One of life's great mysteries unless Arno snuck in and fixed it. 🤓

Lucas
Lucas
7238 posts
expert &
May 10, 2018 - 4:30 AM in reply to rockoyster

He could have! Hopefully he's enjoying his holiday too much to be that quick on here though!

Arno
Arno
10762 posts
expert &
May 16, 2018 - 5:59 PM

I didn't change that link no. Today I did, because the SBB web shop changed.

The forum rules already ask people to tell us when they travel. We ask people to read those rules before posting, but I think I'm being a bit too positive if I expect that everyone actually does :-)

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018