Itinerary help for 6 days in Switzerland late June

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 February 2017 at 18:46:02 #810929

I will be traveling with my 24 year old daughter in late June for 6 days coming from the US. We both love the outdoors and would love to experience the beauty. Which cities would be best and how to get there i.e. Train?? We will probably look for air bnb to stay in. Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 March 2017 at 8:14:02 #859474

Hi Janef and welcome to MySwissAlps!

For outdoor activities, most of Switzerland can accommodate you! Perhaps the Bernese Oberland region would work best for you – many great mountains to explore! Popular towns to stay in, include Interlaken and a bit further north the larger town of Luzern (local German spelling of Lucerne). Also, take a look at the Lake Geneva region and look at visiting or staying in Montreux or Geneva to visit vineyards, take a boat cruise or a scenic trains trip like the Golden Pass panorama train from Montreux to Luzern via Interlaken.

I hope that gives you some initial ideas of what there is to see and do in some areas of Switzerland. Be sure to click on the “what to do” tab and “hotel” tab on the links above for regions and towns to help you plan your activities and choose the towns that are best to do those activities from.

Here are some useful pages on: planning your trip and general information about Switzerland.

Let me know if you have further questions!

Regards,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Itinerary help for 6 days in Switzerland late June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.