Suitable rail pass for five days in Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2017 at 22:39:37 #811652

Hi,

I have made travel plan for five days trip to Switzerland along with my wife starting on May 15th 2017. We will be spending most of our time in Lucerne and Interlaken with three nights stay in Murren and one night in Lucerne. I have already taken 4 days Swiss travel pass and my concern is how to manage the fifth days return train to Zurich from Interlaken and also the local site seeing in Zurich that day. Would it be advisable to take a half fare card only to cover this part of our trip and will this option give any considerable saving for only a days travel?

Thanks,

Prasanth

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2017 at 8:48:37 #862689

Hi Prasanth and welcome to MySwissAlps!

No, the Swiss Half Fare Card won’t provide you any savings just for the trip from Interlaken to Zurich (120chf + 35ch for the SHFC and the 1/2 fare to Zurich) or just 75chf for the regular fare to Zurich.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2017 at 7:24:08 #862690

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for this information.. 🙂

Prasanth

• The thread ‘Suitable rail pass for five days in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.