Suitable rail pass for five days in Switzerland

Suitable rail pass for five days in Switzerland

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Prasanth
Prasanth
2 posts
May 2, 2017 - 10:39 PM

Hi,

I have made travel plan for five days trip to Switzerland along with my wife starting on May 15th 2017. We will be spending most of our time in Lucerne and Interlaken with three nights stay in Murren and one night in Lucerne. I have already taken 4 days Swiss travel pass and my concern is how to manage the fifth days return train to Zurich from Interlaken and also the local site seeing in Zurich that day. Would it be advisable to take a half fare card only to cover this part of our trip and will this option give any considerable saving for only a days travel?

Thanks,

Prasanth

Lucas
Lucas
3339 posts
expert &
May 3, 2017 - 8:48 AM in reply to Prasanth

Hi Prasanth and welcome to MySwissAlps!

No, the Swiss Half Fare Card won't provide you any savings just for the trip from Interlaken to Zurich (120chf + 35ch for the SHFC and the 1/2 fare to Zurich) or just 75chf for the regular fare to Zurich.

Lucas

Prasanth
Prasanth
2 posts
May 4, 2017 - 7:24 AM in reply to Lucas

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for this information.. :)

Prasanth

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017