Sunset cruise at Lake Luzern + Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 April 2019 at 13:24:07 #821116

So grateful to have joined this informative and helpful website and forum.

My family will be visiting Swiss after my daughter’s graduation in UK in the coming July. We have just bought the Swiss Travel Passes (Many thanks for the info here about Rail Europe’s discount!!!)

We plan to take a Sunset Cruise (for dinner) at Lake Luzern in a Friday evening. From the offer page in the lakelucerne.ch website, there is a fare of 22.5 per person while à la carte dishes are to chosen on board. Just want to ask if we have to pay this fare when we have the Swiss Travel Passes. May I also ask for your expert suggestions for other similar packages?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    22 April 2019 at 7:42:07 #909963

Hi Alex Chaing, and welcome to MySwissAlps! Glad to hear it’s been helpful so far. As for the sunset cruise: as far as I can tell, the boat trip itself should be covered by your Swiss Travel Pass (myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/validity) and you’d have to pay for the dinner itself only. If you go ahead and book the journey, you’ll get to select ticket options. If you fill out “GA” there, that will tell the booking system you have a “Genaral Abonnement”. It’s a pass used by Swiss residents and offering discounts similar to the Swiss Travel Pass. So in the end you’ll pay CHF 0, but you’ll have a table reservation this way. If you have a 2nd class pass but prefer to dine in 1st class, you have to pay for an upgrade ticket.

I think this is how it should work, but if any doubts remain I’d contact the Lake Lucerne boat company to make sure: myswissalps.com/boatla kelucerne.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2019 at 7:08:54 #909964

Many thanks, Annika.

Have followed your advice and completed the table reservation with ZERO payment.

Rail Europe has emailed us the STPs (Print @Home version), too, in exactly two business days after the confirmation.

• The thread ‘Sunset cruise at Lake Luzern + Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.