Saver Day Pass + Half fare card + Junior Card

Saver Day Pass + Half fare card + Junior Card

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Vishalg
Vishalg
17 posts
May 2, 2018 - 9:40 PM

Chantal,

As I was just running through the purchase process for the Saver Day Pass to get a hang of it...I noticed that they ask for passenger information. I added my name and selected the discount option as Half Fare Card.I assume I don't need to add my child's name to the passenger list. When I try to add him, the discount option for him automatically defaults to No Discount, and an additional Saver Day Pass is added to checkout (making it a total of two). I would have thought the checkout process would be smart enough to recognize that if an adult is traveling with a half fare card, the child is free. Unless, of course, as I said, they are not expecting you to add the child to the list.

Any clarifications would be highly appreciated.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3930 posts
expert
May 2, 2018 - 10:09 PM in reply to Vishalg

If you have a Swiss Half Fare Card AND a Swiss Family Card there is no need to add/buy your child to Saver Day Pass. The purchase process doesn’t know whether you have a SFC. Your child is travelling free anyway.

Last modified on May 2, 2018 - 10:11 PM by rockoyster
Vishalg
Vishalg
17 posts
May 3, 2018 - 3:20 PM

Got it, thanks.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018