Saver Day Pass + Half fare card + Junior Card

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Vishalg
Vishalg
17 posts
May 2, 2018 - 9:40 PM

Chantal,

As I was just running through the purchase process for the Saver Day Pass to get a hang of it...I noticed that they ask for passenger information. I added my name and selected the discount option as Half Fare Card.I assume I don't need to add my child's name to the passenger list. When I try to add him, the discount option for him automatically defaults to No Discount, and an additional Saver Day Pass is added to checkout (making it a total of two). I would have thought the checkout process would be smart enough to recognize that if an adult is traveling with a half fare card, the child is free. Unless, of course, as I said, they are not expecting you to add the child to the list.

Any clarifications would be highly appreciated.

rockoyster
rockoyster
4913 posts
expert
May 2, 2018 - 10:09 PM in reply to Vishalg

If you have a Swiss Half Fare Card AND a Swiss Family Card there is no need to add/buy your child to Saver Day Pass. The purchase process doesn’t know whether you have a SFC. Your child is travelling free anyway.

Last modified on May 2, 2018 - 10:11 PM by rockoyster
Vishalg
Vishalg
17 posts
May 3, 2018 - 3:20 PM

Got it, thanks.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019