Saver Day Pass + Half fare card + Junior Card

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2018 at 21:40:07 #880998

Chantal,

As I was just running through the purchase process for the Saver Day Pass to get a hang of it…I noticed that they ask for passenger information. I added my name and selected the discount option as Half Fare Card.I assume I don’t need to add my child’s name to the passenger list. When I try to add him, the discount option for him automatically defaults to No Discount, and an additional Saver Day Pass is added to checkout (making it a total of two). I would have thought the checkout process would be smart enough to recognize that if an adult is traveling with a half fare card, the child is free. Unless, of course, as I said, they are not expecting you to add the child to the list.

Any clarifications would be highly appreciated.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    2 May 2018 at 22:09:16 #880999

If you have a Swiss Half Fare Card AND a Swiss Family Card there is no need to add/buy your child to Saver Day Pass. The purchase process doesn’t know whether you have a SFC. Your child is travelling free anyway.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2018 at 15:20:39 #881000

Got it, thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The thread ‘Saver Day Pass + Half fare card + Junior Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.