Saver Day Pass for Basel & Rigi

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 November 2018 at 22:07:16 #818950

Hi guys .. I’m getting so frustrated trying to find the best ticket to buy

Please help

I’m traveling to Basel for 3 days will be just traming and bussing it for 2 days in the Xmas market

On Saturday I want to travel to lucerne and up to mt rigi on the cog railway and cable cars and by boat back to lucerne

If I buy a supersaver ticket will all this be included . It’s 52 cif

Or am I better with a Swiss card at 225 chf huge difference

Please help there is 5 of us 3 adults 1 youth and I child 12

i really need help thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    15 November 2018 at 0:44:47 #899102

Hello Susjoyce,

I think you mean the Saver Day Pass. That will cover your return day trip to Lucerne and Rigi. See http://www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass/validity. Just make sure you get at the best price as price increases closer to travel time.

You can buy a CHF30 Junior Travel Card for your 12-year old to cover all the travel they do with you.

The Swiss Travel Pass does not make sense for you given you are just in and around Basel for 2 days.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 November 2018 at 1:35:27 #899103

Rockoyster

Thank you so much.. it’s mind boggling trying to find out stuff

I cannot find any info anywhere to confirm I can use the boat and cable cars and cog railway with the saver day card have you any links .I’m sure I can get the train from basel to lucerne on any train or are they set times?

Thank you for your help it’s very appreciated

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    15 November 2018 at 1:44:05 #899104

The link I gave you in my previous post tells you where it is valid. See http://www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass/validity

Download the map from that page and look for solid lines to show you what is covered. Read the legend on the map.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 November 2018 at 1:53:03 #899105

Hi again I have found where it say bails for rigi.. can I please bother you some more and ask

Can I start my rigi trip from lucerne as I don’t recognise the places that it’s valid from I’ll attach a screen shot .

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 November 2018 at 1:53:26 #899106

Valid*

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    15 November 2018 at 2:05:30 #899107

There are several ways to visit Rigi from Luzern as explained at http://www.myswissalps.com/ri gi/gettingthere.

The boat from Luzern to Vitznau or Weggis and the train from Luzern to Arth-Goldhau are all covered by the Saver Day Pass as shown on the validity map.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 November 2018 at 2:09:33 #899108

Thank you so much i really appreciate it I’m off to buy the tickets

• The thread ‘Saver Day Pass for Basel & Rigi’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.