Supersaver ticket – any restrictions on cable car

• Archer99
    Participant
    3 posts
    24 April 2023 at 14:47:06 #829677

Hi all – first posting, but have been using your forum for months of planning…a fantastic resource, thank you!

My question…I am travelling from Zermatt to Riederalp in mid-June and I have already purchased a Supersaver ticket to ‘Riederalp Mitte’, so including the cable car leg from Mōrel to Riederalp Mitte. I’m clear that I must travel on specified trains as a condition of the ticket, but I’m less clear if same applies to mountain transport legs, i.e. can I only travel on the one cable car time shown on my SBB e-ticket?

Ideally, I would like to leave bags and wander around Mōrel for an hour or two before going up to Riederalp, as a bit too early to get into our apartment if we go straight up (and nowhere to leave luggage in Riederalp – unless anyone knows differently?). Is there is more flexibility on the cable car route?

Not the end of the world if not, as it is only a cheap trip up to Riederalp…just curious.

Many thanks!

M

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6274 posts
    24 April 2023 at 18:01:08 #953742

Hi M,

The supersaver ticket is only valid for the selected date of travel and the selected transport connection. I think this applies to the cable car as well but I don’t think it’s strictly enforced. Sometimes if there is a long queue you might still have to wait. It’s best to ask at the counter if you can take a later connection to Riederalp Mitte.

You can find details about the Supersaver tickets here: http://www.myswissalps.com/traintickets/switzerland

Regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2023 at 20:32:17 #953743

As far as I know a supersaver ticket only has relevance on main line trains. Cable cars typically operate too frequently for a restriction on when you can go to be workable.

• The thread ‘Supersaver ticket – any restrictions on cable car’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.