Supersaver tickets best for 8 days?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2017 at 22:45:02 #811466

Hi!

I will be traveling in Sept for 8 days and I think the Supersaver tickets will work best for us. My children are 15 and 18. My question is this..Can my 15 year old travel for free? Do I need to order a Family Card or buy a Junior Travel Card? Is there a discount for my 18? Are there are any family deals for 4 people? I find the sbb site a little confusing and still trying to see what my best options are, ie Swiss Travel Card or just individual tickets.

Thank you for your help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2017 at 5:47:06 #861835

Hi nmhamel and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Be careful with Supersaver tickets, they aren’t always available on the route, date and time you want. As long as you know you will travel on that route at that time they can work out (you are locked into that departure time).

If you are buying Supersaver tickets, your children can either buy a ticket as well (5 to 15 travel at 50% off and your 18 year old is an adult) or indeed you can buy a Junior Travel Card for the 15 year old.

If you are traveling fairly frequently on your 8 days in Switzerland, it may be nicer (and much easier) to buy the 8 day Swiss Travel Pass (Over 26 are adult fares, 16 to 25 get 25% off and your 15 year old can travel free with the Swiss Family Card – a free to add-on to the Swiss Travel Passes when ordering).

Or get a Swiss Half Fare Card so all tickets – no time restrictions – are 50% off. And if you can get a Supersaver ticket it will be even cheaper than such tickets normally are. You will get a Swiss Family Card here too.

I hope that helps clarify your options!

Lucas

• The thread ‘Supersaver tickets best for 8 days?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.