Supersaver tickets in Switzerland – conditions

• alextay
    Participant
    2 posts
    14 May 2023 at 9:22:25 #829843

Hello, I wish to know if I have a supersaver ticket for eg from Point A (9:00) to C (10:00) via B (9:30), can I board the same train at point B at 9:30 instead? Or would the ticket requires me to only board at point A (9:30)?

Thanks in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Yolanda
    2333 posts
    14 May 2023 at 11:41:53 #954416

Hello alextay,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

Thanks for your question. If you are traveling with a Supersaver ticket, these can only be used for the selected date and train time(s).

In your example above, if you did not board your train at 9:00, you would need to somehow make your way to point B and alight the train connection at 9:30. Failing to do so, your ticket would not be valid for travel on any other train.

I hope this helps. More information on Supersaver tickets can be found here: https://www.myswissalps.com/traintickets/switzerland

Kind regards,

Yolanda

alextay
    Participant
    2 posts
    16 May 2023 at 7:16:07 #954417

Thank you for the quick reply Yolanda! 🙂

The reason of me asking is because I was thinking if I bought a supersaver ticket from point A but I have a change of plans in the trip and would like to board the train at point B instead.

In this case if I understand correctly, as long as it’s the same train that departs from Point A at 9am, I will be able to board it at any subsequent stations en route to my destination point C?

Anna
    6362 posts
    16 May 2023 at 7:31:11 #954418

Hi alextay,

To reiterate Yolanda’s comment, a Supersaver ticket is route-specific and only valid on the connection you selected.

For instance you purchase a Supersaver ticket from Zurich HB to Interlaken Ost departing at 9.32am. This connection includes a train change in Bern (10.34am), arriving in Interlaken Ost at 11.28am. The Supersaver ticket is valid only on this connection. If you miss the connection in Bern, you will have to pay for a new ticket unless there is delay by the SBB (this is usually announced and indicated on the timetable in advance).

If you wish to remain flexible with your travel plans, I suggest getting a regular point-to-point ticket which has no restriction on which connection you take.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,
    anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2023 at 20:52:39 #954419

No, you cannot ‘interfere’ with a Supersaver ticket. A Supersaver fare works in the same way as airlines and hotels operate nowadays, that is a fixed, lowest price rate with no refund or change possibility:

Therefore, a supersaver is a ‘bargain’ rate based on you committing yourself to a specific train at a specific time on a specific day for a specific route

• The thread ‘Supersaver tickets in Switzerland – conditions’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.