Supersaver tickets – what if train is delayed?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2018 at 9:18:26 #816618

Hi, I am looking at a supersaver ticket from Wengen to Zurich for about half price. The website indicates that if I miss a train connection because of a delayed train service (swiss) then all I need do is show the train attendant and I can catch the next train. I am worried that this could get messy and I will have to explain at every station ( 4 of them) in English, that the previous train was delayed. Will this be a problem or is it worth doing? thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2018 at 14:15:33 #888182

Hi Lblnkhrn and welcome to MySwissAlps@

It isn’t too likely that the train will be delayed and cause you these issues. If it does, then yes, you’ll have to explain it the the train personnel. But they will know the train was delayed and wouldn’t/shouldn’t have an issue with your explanation.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2018 at 21:27:11 #888183

thanks Lucas, thats very helpful.

• The thread ‘Supersaver tickets – what if train is delayed?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.