Will Susten, Furka & Gotthard be open early June?

Will Susten, Furka & Gotthard be open early June?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
MNTraveler
MNTraveler
4 posts
Mar 9, 2017 - 1:33 AM

Hello/Hallo -

I am planning a trip to the Switzerland area in June with my dad. We are renting a car and want to do mountain drives. As of now, the plan would take us through Susten, Furka and Gotthard Pass on June 6th. I see that in the recent past these particular passes have opened up ahead of schedule, early May in some cases, but sometimes are closed until the 12th-13th of June.

I know it is impossible to say with any certainty, but I am wondering what the odds/chances are that these 3 passes will be open on/before June 6th 2017?

Thank you in advance!

Arno
Arno
9569 posts
expert &
Mar 9, 2017 - 2:58 PM

Hi MNTraveler, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I would say there's a pretty good chance these passes will be open in early June. But indeed, no guarantees as a lot can happen between now and then. It's good to have a plan B just in case (the Gotthard has a tunnel too, so that apart is simple). Temporary closures for a few hours or days are always a possibility too. Be sure to read our car section to be prepared.

Last modified on Mar 9, 2017 - 2:59 PM by Arno
MNTraveler
MNTraveler
4 posts
Mar 9, 2017 - 4:24 PM

Thank you for the reply!

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017