Swii Travel Pass for kid under 16

• Cwkhoo1
    Participant
    1 post
    23 September 2022 at 7:54:15 #828411

We planned to visit Switzerland on April 2023. My kid will be attaining the age of 16 by August 2023. I am wondering if my kid will be eligible for free travelling alongside with the parent holding Swiss Travel Pass. Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 September 2022 at 10:54:43 #947260

If you are travelling in April and your child does not become aged 16 until August then they will be under 16 in April so the following official statement applies:

“Children from their 6th up to their 16th birthday travel free of charge on nationwide public transport when accompanied by at least one parent holding a Swiss Travel System pass or ticket.

The complimentary Swiss Family Card is available on request from all Swiss Travel System points-of-sale worldwide and within Switzerland. And even if not accompanied by a parent, children still receive a 50% reduction off the entire Swiss Travel System range of tickets.”

Anna
    6382 posts
    23 September 2022 at 11:56:04 #947261

Hi Cwkhoo1,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

1960man is correct. If your kid’s 16th birthday is in August, then he/she can still travel along for free in April with the Swiss Family Card. You can request it for free along with your Swiss Travel Pass while ordering: https://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/price

Further details are available here: http://www.myswissalps.com/swissfamilycard/howtouse

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Swii Travel Pass for kid under 16’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.