Swiss rail pass advice for family of 5

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2017 at 12:20:53 #812377

hello ,

i am travelling with my family of 5 i.e. me, my wife and 3 kids with age 14, 12 and 6 .

We are traveling to Zurich , lucerne, Mt Titlis, Interlaken and Jungfraujoch.

Please advice us for the right pass , either , swiss travel pass or swiss travel pass flex for better discounts for Mt Titlis and Junfraujoch.

Thank you in advance for all the advice

Best Wishes

Fouwaz

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15479 posts
    23 June 2017 at 18:14:54 #865654

Hi Fouwaz, welcome to MySwissAlps!

I recommend to compare the Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Half Fare Card. Things depend on how long you will be in Switzerland, if you expect to do any other trips, whether you will visit museums and whether you like to spontaneously travel without buying tickets whenever possible. The Swiss Travel Pass Flex only makes sense if you will have multiple days without any day trips or traveling at all.

Please see these pages for details and to help you choose:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2017 at 19:03:49 #865655

Thank you for your prompt response.

I am coming for only 4 days, so I have fixed plan.

If I take 4 days. travel pass. Can I get the same discount for mt titles and jungfraujoch?

Due to time shortage I do not have plans to visit museum.

My priority is for visiting lucerne, Mt. Titles, interlaken and jungfraujoch.

Thanks once again

Regards

Fouwaz

Arno
    15479 posts
    24 June 2017 at 8:30:27 #865656

Hi Fouwaz,

Yes, you will get discounts on those mountains: 50% off of Mount Titlis, and the first leg of the Jungfraujoch ride is free and there’s 25% off of the second leg. Details are here: myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/validity.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2017 at 10:39:03 #865657

Thanks for the response. Will do the needfull.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2017 at 10:55:00 #865658

Would highly appreciate if more advice

Arno
    15479 posts
    24 June 2017 at 15:49:17 #865659

Hi Fouwaz,

If you have more questions after going through the pages linked in my previous posts then feel free to ask here.

• The thread ‘Swiss rail pass advice for family of 5’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.