Aug 24, 2012 - 5:52 PM
Together with my early 50s parents, I'm planning to visit Switzerland next 19th September for four days, possibly in Lucerne, to avoid the hassel to pack and unpack, and do day trips from there. We will arrive by train from Italy and depart back to Italy. I have a few questions, which I need some clarification
1. What is the normal weather during that period of time?
2. I speak fluently in Italian and English, but don't know French and German, will that create some diffiulties?
3. I was planning to ride the Bernina express from Tirano to Chur and then a normal train from Chur to Lucerne. Does the swiss 4 day pass, includes all the routes ? - is it possible to buy the swiss 4 day pass from Tirano or do I need it beforehand? - i was made aware that I need to reserve the seats, shall I do that from now?
4. On returning, I was planning to ride a train from lucerne to locrano and then ride the Centovalli train, till arriving to Domodossola, is that included in the swiss pass, and do I need to reserve the seats from now?
5. I was thinking about this itinerary;
20th Sep - rhinefalls and Zurich
21st Sep - montreux and Geneve
22nd Sep - Lucerne and bern?
Will that be possible considering our restricted time? Or maybe, can you suggest an interesting itinerary?
We are not so much into outdoor activities and considering possible rainy weather, till now we are eliminating cable cars in mountains (even due to respiratory problems).
I have always been impressed by Switzerland, and finally I am looking foward for next September.
Looking foward for your reply, Thanks