Swiss air ticket and rail travel to destination

Swiss air ticket and rail travel to destination

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Susanne
Susanne
2 posts
Mar 4, 2017 - 11:16 PM

I arrive at Zurich airport flying with Swiss Air. Does the Swiss Air ticket include free rail travel to my destination in Switzerland and back to the airport at the end of my holiday? Does the air ticket act as the railway ticket or do I have to buy a separate rail ticket.

Lucas
Lucas
8830 posts
expert &
Mar 5, 2017 - 5:00 PM in reply to Susanne

Hi Susanne,

You have to buy a separate ticket for trains in Switzerland. If you are only planning on taking a train twice (from the airport to your destination and returning to the airport) you could buy the Swiss Transfer Ticket.

If you are planning on doing a fair bit of travel buy train and public transport while in Switzerland I would highly recommend the Swiss Travel Pass, which will cover virtually all transit in Switzerland for 3, 4, 8 or 15 days.

Read more about the passes on the links I have given you and let me know if you have further questions!

Regards,
Lucas

Susanne
Susanne
2 posts
Mar 5, 2017 - 5:40 PM

Thank you for your advice

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018