Swiss cable car maintenance dates for Nov/Dec

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2019 at 19:12:31 #822523

Hi,

I am planning to visit Switzerland between 23rd nov and 4th dec. I have heard that certain mountains, cog trains and cable cars close during this period for operational maintenance. Are the dates for 2019 out yet? I will be travelling from Delhi, India.

please help. Thanks in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    27 June 2019 at 20:36:56 #916356

Hello Reeb and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

If you search for the mountain you are interested in on this site you will often find the operational dates on the “Route” tab for that mountain’s page. The other alternative is to use the timetable on the SBB website (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) or the highly-recommended SBB Mobile app (bit.ly/2ICIUHi) to check if the route you are interested in is operational.

Also just about all mountains have their own website with timetables. You can find those easily using Google search.

There is no consolidated list of all mountain maintenance schedules as far as I know.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2019 at 14:54:03 #916357

Thanks @rockoyster. This is helpful. I will try the app and might have to reach out again in case I get confused 🙂

thanks again,

Reeb

• The thread ‘Swiss cable car maintenance dates for Nov/Dec’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.