Feb 9, 2011 - 12:55 PM
My sister and I will be travelling from Milan to Lauterbrunnen in early April. Our plans are to stay in Lauterbrunnen four nights and Zurich one night before flying home. While in Lauterbrunnen we plan on visiting the mountain villages of Grindelwald, Gimmelwald, Wengen, and Murren, we would also like to take the trips up to Jungfrau and Schilthorn. Leaving Lauterbrunnen we plan on taking the Golden Express to Lucerne and walk around the city for a few hours before heading on to Zurich.
My questions are:
1) Would a Swiss card be the best option for our plans? If not, which card, do we need a card/pass?
2) Should I buy a ticket from Milan to Swiss border(which town) and then use Swiss card for rest of trip from the border to Lauterbrunnen?
3) How would we validate the Swiss card at the Italy/Swiss border?
4) Is it possible to get the trip from Lauterbrunnen to Lucerne and on to Zurich considered as my trip back to the border on the Swiss card so that this trip would be free?
5) Do I need reservations for any portion of this trip?
Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.